Friday, October 21, 2005

-7c

Woke up this morning to the chirping alarm clock, and switched on my radio. The weather was reportedly -7c then. I thought, hmmm, it's the lowest temperature of this season... alright, will get my act together with some light mittens and a scarf. That'll do the trick, I reckon.

Out the door I went, and boy, it was freeezzzzing cold! It was so frosty outside that even the grass seemed to have a layer of frost on it, and everywhere seemed a little whittish - though it ain't snow, no, not yet! I think my T-shirt, sweater and wind/water resistance fleece lining jacket didn't do the trick. Maybe it's time to line up my winter gear in the closet. Sighs...

Once again, I'm back to the reality of the big bad harsh weather in Canada. Now it's only -7c and I know I shouldn't be complaining...it's 'mild' weather, but but but...I think going back to Malaysia in the summer spoiled me! I'm used to hot weather, and oh, how I miss the sun-kissing hot weather in Msia!

During my first winter, I couldn't comprehend that there were actually residents in this land of Cold Canada, because it dropped to -30c/-35c for a week. And I thought to myself, man, this weather is only suitable for white furry cute polar bears, it ain't for humans. But then again, there are real people who live here, and so have I for two years. Guess we just gota let our body do the adaptation to become more weather resistant - or, turn into a polar bear.

Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wah.. minus 7'c can survive meh? Thats below freezing tempt. Anyway, try growing some fats la.. it'll be warmer one.. ehehhehe..

10:32 AM  
Blogger Grace said...

aiyah...-7c is supposedly 'sup sup sui' only...coz this is still fall season, leh. Winter is on its way, bringing with it the usual -20c. Growing fats? I think you need it more than me lah *wood*...hahaah!

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home