Friday, October 14, 2005

There is a meaning

I survived through this week. This week has indeed been one of the most challenging and stressful week for me. I had three assignments due this week, two of which were very difficult, especially the one for my Finance course. I started all three on Tuesday, save the three questions I did while in Calgary, and it was a horrible feeling to have so much to do, with such limited time. For the first time in this semester, I missed two classes on Tuesday to have the whole day dedicated to Excel problem solving for Mgtsc 352 assignment, and drawing graphs and solving mathematical equations for my Econ assignment. Finance was the hardest of all, and oh, I can't begin to tell you how horribly hard it was. I also realized that for some reason, I have been eating only one meal a day for the week. Very odd, but I think yeah, it's been so stressful that I kind of just forgot to eat. I also had to work a six hour shift at my part time job, which is fewer hours than usually, but it just deducted more time for me. Btw, I managed to resign that job two weeks ago, so this week was my last shift. I'm going to be missing the wonderful perfect yummy cookies, and the once was senseless guy, now ain't so senseless guy. He has really improved so much at the job, that just proves my theory that given time and hands on experience, a guy can be as good as a girl in the kitchen! I digress...anyway, this week has been so topsy turvy that I actually once in my entire life felt that I actually lived a "university student's life" - in such stressful state. I've never been so pressed for time as I have before. Knowing me, I usually try to manage my time in such a way that everything works out pretty fine though the stress is still there. Other factors contributed towards this state that I was in...and I guess life is really quite unpredictable. Tonight is going to be a relaxing night and from tomorrow onwards, I'm going to reorganize my life.

Talking about juggling many balls in life, I saw a young woman slightly older than me today on HUB (on-campus). She was carrying a backpack, looking like a normal student, however, pushing a stroller with a very tiny infant - perhaps less than a year old. And beside the stroller, she was holding a small child's hand. I marvel at how a young woman is able to play so many roles; mother, perhaps wife, student, and perhaps having a part time job as well. Life would be so hard, so complicated, so stressful...but yet,her strong determination to complete University is just admirable.

Inspite of our situation, let's be thankful for what we have, and continue to have a passion to live. There is a meaning in life.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take a break over the weekend and do your Sevens ... I've just tagged you ;-p

5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home