Thursday, October 13, 2005

Changed

My deserted blog. It feels like it's been ages since I've really written something. The truth is, I just haven't felt emotionally alright to write anything.

The South Asia Earthquake killed 40,000 people, and have displaced millions. Everytime I read about the earthquake and when the horrid pictures are flashed at me, I feel a sense of sadness flowing through me. It is all so sad. There are no other fancy words to describe how millions are now suffering, and in need and desperation. Pictures of women and children with pained faces fills the media. I wonder, when the ordeal is finally over, how can they live? How can they live with the disaster which enveloped them, which has ruined their lives? I think they must have changed through that season of suffering, while at the same time be thankful that they are still alive.

I've often thought of how a disaster would change a person's life, and how they live after. The tsunami, the 911 terrorist attack, SARS, wars etc.

I feel like I've been to a war zone, to have seen the desperation at people's faces. And it is a challenge to switch off that part of me, and to go back to mundane life. It seems quite impossible, but again perhaps it is possible since humankind have done it. The only thing is...that part will always be with me, and I have since been a changed person.

1 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

Fi,

That's an awesome dream I think - one which can drive us in life to help others in the future - a dream worth pursuing, one which is achievable with hard work. Let's chase after this dream...

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home