Friday, January 06, 2006

Why I don't like Greyhound

1. Bus depot in Calgary is out of nowhere - non accessible
2. A jump in the bus if it's not full ideology
3. No movies onboard, no snacks, drinks or NEWSPAPERS
4. Schedules are not fixed most of the time

Whereas, Red Arrow beats them to it by doing number one to four in a more professional manner for a little bit more of $$. Plus, their bus is nicer and have bigger and more comfortable seats. At the very beginning of the ride, they have this safety precaution video, very similar to an inflight safety video ending with, "Thank you for choosing Red Arrow. We hope to see you again." Wow...that for a bus service, ain't that cool?

So anyway, today I took the Greyhound back coz my aunt had a ticket which was going to expire soon. I'm not trying to be complaining, but the whole trip back was really quite memorable. Long ques. Switching lines coz we were sent to another bus. Going to the counter to "upgrade" your seats by paying more. Anyway, I ended up having the second last seat on the bus, with an empty seat next to mine. I didn't even mind that much, and was so tired I just went to sleep. Halfway through the journey, a 50-year old Polish man came next to my seat (while I was sleeping) and talked to me. Yeah, how rude is that? He proceeded to ask if I would like to be his girlfriend. Being half asleep, I muttered a "no thank you." Somehow, he didn't get my dazed half asleep look and continued talking to me for the whole second leg of the trip. He was going on about his whole life story in Poland then his immigration to Canada, his job, his three Mercedes (not sure if it's true or not), and blah blah blah. Of course, I was polite (but sighing inside). Finally before we reached, he asked if I have a boyfriend. Yes, I have to admit this - I sinned, I lied...I have a fictitious boyfriend. The bus arrived, we went down to get our luggage, and he completely didn't leech on me anymore. Yay, a lie works.

Anyway, I'm going to take the Red Arrow the next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home