Thursday, November 16, 2006

It's a Beutiful Thursday!

Ah, I slept in today after working till 2.30am last night on my law paper. Coincidentally my 9.30am class today was cancelled, so it was nice. For the first time in my school year, I actually sat down for breakfast this morning. Any guesses what I had for breakfast? Went out at 9.45am to catch my bus to school. It was bright and sunny, ah, such a beautiful beautiful day! The air was crisp, the temperature was just right at -5c, considerably warm as I walked out of my door. 5 seconds later, THUMMMPP!! Err, what happened? I fell :( on some icy path on my butt. That would be my first fall this winter (pretty good, winter's been only around for a month now). Picked myself up, and walked towards the bus stop. Uh, before I arrived there, the bus came and went. Yikes!! I missed the bus. Great way to start a day on a sunny beautiful day! Well, I walked back home to wait for the next bus 1/2 later. Did some house chores, opened and read some letters (mostly bills) then went out to catch the bus again. Nope, this time I didn't miss my bus...but I was 5 minutes late for my 11am Finance Class. Opened up my file, yikes, realized that she was still on last lecture's slides, and I had only brought the new slides. Well, that's not as bad as when I couldn't find my pencil case in my bag!!! Urgh, when I opened those letters, I had taken out the scissors from my pencil case and forgotten to put them back in my bag. Well, not too big a worry, just smiled over at my neighbour and asked to borrow a pen. Was trying to find some white loose leaf paper from my file but to no avail! I had used paper too fast and didn't replenish them in my file. Arghhh...

The afternoon wasn't as eventful. Had class with that brown sweatshirt sitting behind me. Nope, no smiles and no conversation. Came back home, had a short nap and started cooking dinner. My pot of chilli is simmering on the stove, and no, it is not burnt, it will be yummy! Blogging away now and hoping that my evening won't be as eventful as my morning. Me, I'm just planning to do some law readings, then then then watch Grey's Anatomy!! Ah, can't wait. Then maybe work on Eonfire jazz and prep for Bible Study. Today was a good day!

How was your day?

4 Comments:

Blogger Joli said...

Hello Grace, you know how was my morning? I slept in too, so I didn't have time to do my devotions from 6:30-7am like usual - so I decidedd I would do them in the bus. Then after breakfast, I set out to catch the 8:10 bus, and no, I wasn't late. In fact, I was really early for the 8:40 bus!!! Yah, since there is a 7:10 and a 9:10 bus, I was expecting a 8:10 bus, but there was no such thing. And I don't care how sunny this morning was, it was COLD and WINDY!!! So waiting for the bus 35 minutes made me feel cold all day long - I hope I don't get a cold after that! When I arrived at university, I went in the Medicine Sciences library to study before my 11am class. Then in my physiology class, I was soo sleepy, so I gave in for five minutes, until my friend startled me by asking me what I was doing next Friday - what a way to wake up during physiology!!! The next of my day went pretty smoothy, but I left for home as soon as I could so I could finally warm up. When I finally reached home, I made myself a warm cup of coffee, and I put my PJ's under my pants, and a huge woolen sweat shirt on top of my T-shirt. I also put on my pink woolen socks that my great aunt knit - then I was WARM!

9:26 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

Dude, what are you talking about? It is sooooo warm today! It is only, I repeat ONLY -5c. Are you the Malaysian or am I the Malaysian?? So it was slightly windy and chilly, but the gusty wind sure didn't blow me away -- so that means it wasn't all that gusty!

9:32 PM  
Blogger Joli said...

Perhaps it was windyier in Sherwood Park, especially since I live in the new area, and we don't have trees to shelter us from the wind. I have been feeling really cold in the past few days, and it is wierd for me, since I am always feeling so hot at university. But that wind really went right to my bones - Malaysian or not. :(

10:21 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

Uhuh...yeah the wind is quite nasty here. I was nearly blown off my feet a few times, if not for the lamp post nearby.

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home