Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Progressive Conservative Party

I attended my first ever political event today. Gary who is running for the PC Leadership contending to be Alberta's Premier had invited me for today's PC Leadership Forum at Mayfield's Hotel. It was pretty cool, listening to the platform and policies of all eight contenders. Certainly there is no one candidate which has all the policies which I agree with -- you just have to choose the candidate which has most of the policies which you believe in.

I could talk forever, but really, I can't purchase a PC Membership Card and vote for the Leadership Race...so maybe it beats the purpose to speak about each candidate. But, if I could vote, I would vote for Gary McPherson. You can say I am biased perhaps, because I know him better than the rest of the candidate. But working with him in the last six months had made me respect him more and more each day. Looking at his life of being a severely disabled person since the age of nine due to polio gives me a sense of who he is -- a person who fights, who fights for the better. And that is what he is intending to do here and now, to fight for each of the rights of Albertans, for the better. Please visit TeamMcPherson to find out more about his platform, and do consider voting for Gary as your next Premier.

Politics, is so fascinating yet complicated at the same time. But it does draw you in, but at the same time it's so slimy, dirty and often times inefficient and ineffective. Someone told me, "Politics is a love-hate relationship." I agree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home