Sunday, August 06, 2006

My theme song

You may have noticed that I just changed my theme song on the blog from Mercy Me - Here With Me to Vineyard's Surrender. (And I really have to thank Voon, the official tech guy on my blog for helping me with that!)

This song really touched my heart in May when I was in Cypress Hills for 10 days. During the Navs SEW Conference, I felt that the Lord was continuously asking me to surrender each and every item that I was holding back or holding too tightly - back to him. Letting go of something he impressed upon my heart throughout the conference was not only painful, but a struggle.

Well, and I thought once I've surrendered it all to him, it was all good. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. I found the surrender theme to be recurring in the last few months, and especially so this week. Hmmm, I guess having surrendered it once doesn't mean it is completely dealt with - there is the part of surrendering - a continuous effort to do so.

The theme song will be a reminder to me of surrendering my entire being - heart, mind and soul to God.

Heavenly Father:

I give You Lordship over my life,
I give it all to you -
I will follow as You lead Lord.
My life is not my own,
My life belongs to You
I surrender it all to you.


"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." (Galatians 2:20)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home