Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Chal Ga, Julie

This posting is dedicated to my Korean friend Julie (Eunju). The first time I met her was in September 2005 when we were in the same car driving to Nordegg for Navs UOA/UOC Winter Retreat. I still remember how cute I thought she was (still do) and genuine as a person. Throughout the year, she has been very consistent in coming to our small group meetings (come prepared too, that is!) and she was very keen to learn. I remembered being really touched when after a time I had not been in Small Group because I was in Calgary due to my aunt's condition, she looked me in the eye and said she is very worried about me in very cute korean accented english. That really touched my heart, and still do. It just shows me the kind of person she is: caring.

She is leaving for Korea next week and I don't know when we will see each other again. We had a little lunch farewell today at Yokozuna, and after shopping at City Centre Mall, I guess it was time to say Chal Ga (Goodbye)





Chal Ga, Julie. God bless you, and I will always be Gi do (praying) for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home