Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Michael W. Smith

Christmastime with Michael W. Smith and the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra!

I wanted to get tickets for his concert around a month ago, but, alas, it was all sold out :( So I sulked a little, and thought nah, it's okay. Then guess what? So happen, this lady whom I go to church with - Gwen, has an extra ticket! Yay, God is so good right.

So we went to the concert yesterday, and it was marvelous! He played many ensembles from his Christmas CDs well complemented by the symphony orchestra. Some traditional Christmas songs like Joy to the World and Joyful Joyful were played in a quiet serene manner while some songs were played on an upbeat note. Angels We Have Heard on High was very well done in an almost rap upbeat arrangement. But my favourite were his two worship songs: Healing Rain and Above All. Listening to him play the piano and sing live was quite an experience - a very special time for me and Healing Rain really spoke to me last night:

Healing rain is falling down
Healing rain is falling down
I'm not afraid
I'm not afraid...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home