Thursday, December 01, 2005

January 23

Election news all over the place! The Liberal minority government came crashing down in Parliament after a no-confidence vote on Monday. Since then, the media has just been focussing on the federal election that is going to take place on Januar 23 2006.

With that, many speculations came as to which party will win in the coming election. Personally, I've just been dabbing on and off in the political situation and haven't come to analyze the situation with depth.

But here's my "prediction" at this point of time (I mean - the campaigns might change the dynamics of a party and their support):

I think January 23 will either bring about the same political situation Canadians were in for a year plus - having a Liberal minority government OR if Harper does well enough, he might garner enough support for a Conservative minority government.

What do you think Canadians??

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'm guessing there will be another minority government. I'm hoping the Conservatives win, but I don't know if Canadians will be that smart. I could accuse easterners of being dumb voters, but I'm from Edmonton, the city that kept re-electing William Hawrelak after he got kicked out of office for corruption, twice (back in the 50s and 60s, I think), and then named a park after him when he died.

"When are people going to learn? Democracy doesn't work." --Homer Simpson

Also check out "Rick's Rant for November 29, 2005" at http://www.cbc.ca/mercerreport/

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home