Saturday, November 19, 2005

Growing Apart

Life. Ever had those moments where your mind brings you back to the past of good ol times with friends? Had one of those moments this morning when chatting with a long time friend, who was very close to me at one point of time. Reminiscience plunging in, sighs...

But you know, after such a long time, connecting again seems so strange, almost awkward in a sense. This friend was extremely close to me, and we shared so much together in life, but I guess because of some circumstances, things didn't work out...also due to geographical distance, and we haven't been in touch for quite some time. It's sad...but in some sense, I'm resigned to the fact that we have changed, and sadly, have grown apart.

Hmmm...

Cindy, a best friend of mine when I was 13 also came to mind. Our "best friend" period ended after a year when we were in different classes. Though we were really close for that year, a small change in environment changed our relationship, and we grew apart because we had different group of friends. Now, we barely keep in touch, but I guess she will always be in my heart as a "best friend" that I had.

On the other hand, there are those friends where you can pick things up from where you left them. Those friends, somehow, still know you, understand you though both have changed. That kind of magical connection is rare, and I really appreciate and cherish those friends. They are like those little teddy bears holding a heart to you saying, "Friends Forever." Thank God for friends!

Well...it doesn't always work that way. But I think this is life sometimes, we move on because we have grown apart, but the good memories will still be there.

That's what it means to say auld lang syne.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home