Wednesday, October 26, 2005

I got hit

I got hit by a virus on my PC yesterday. My friend Nilos "sent" (more like the virus sent) me a file on MSN, and without thinking about it, I simply opened it. I mean, Norton Antivirus pops up with "this file may contain a virus" all the time, so how was I supposed to know that this time it is for real? Sighs...anyway, the damage is quite bad, I can't login to anything on a secured site - Webmail, Hotmail, Business School personal page. This is just pure bad luck since I have two more midterms and in need of access to my personal page on Blackboard (School of Business personal page). Had to print off needed materials for my prep for Finance Midterm tomorrow on campus before I head home soon.

During times like this, I wish my computer expert friends like Voon, Dutt Way and Chin Wee were here to help me fix the problem. Sigh...

I smsed Nilos today to see if he had a solution:

Me: Hey Nilos, I got the virus from you yesterday. How do I fix it?

Nilos: Everyone I know got it. We're working on it. Will let you know when I find something out.


I sure do hope you find something out soon, Nilos!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harlow!

Hahahaha, unfortunately I can't really help you from Perth.. hehehe... have you tried Googling for a solution? I'm sure there are some sites somewhere to teach you how to fix it. Or just run Norton Antivirus again? =P

Just my 2 cents all the way from Perth =D Hope it works! Praying for ya! =D

Cheers,
Chin Wee

6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grace,
Your best bet is to download the latest virus definitions from
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/defs.download.html
then run Norton Antivirus again. It should look after the virus for you. Norton will tell you if there is anything else you need to do. Lemme know if you still are having problems with it -- I may be able to help you.

Daniel

11:52 AM  
Blogger Grace said...

Daniel:
I asked a friend of mine who works at a computer company to help me out, but since he's not a technician, he's going to send it over to his technician (hoping it won't cost too much, sighs). My friend who sent me the virus said that it's not easy to remove, and the virus disallow us to go to sites like Norton or any security stuff like symantec. Anyway, I should be able to get it fixed, hopefully soon, but thanks for your offer. Will look you up the next time (hopefully there's no next time I get hit by a virus though...sighs...)

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home