Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Uni life

It's back to the busyness of Uni life.

Classes resumed today after a four-month spring and summer break. It felt kind of surreal being back in Uni for classes after such a long break. Seeing so many people in every building scrambling to get to class on time can be quite overwhelming. But, I'm sure the stampede will go away in a little while when the newness of semester fades away when lots more people drink and have hangovers...that's when they won't be coming to class so often, and jamming the hallways.

Sigh, it's the first day of classes and I feel awfully tired already.

I think I have to get my brains started soon, otherwise I'm going to be stuck in a dazed mood for a little bit, which is really bad.

I'm taking five courses this sem:

BLaw 301 (Business Law)
Econ 282 (Macroeconomics)
Fin 412 (Finance)
Mgtsc 352 (Management Science a.k.a. Statistics)
Rel 220 (Religion-Islam)

I had three classes today; law, econ and religion. I really did like the three classes today although it's the first day of class and they overwhelm you with all the datelines for midterms, papers, presentations, final exam. I'm hoping I still remember how to study...or how to write an exam.

Well, aside from academics, I have been really busy with Navs. The Clubs Fair is on for the whole week and I've been pretty much helping out everyday. This year, the response is sooooooo good, thanks to our new 'marketing strategy': Win an Ipodmini!!

Navs booth Posted by Picasa


Nono, we're a Christian on campus club, and we we're not 'cheating' anyone at all!!!(hmmmp, unlike marketers...) We simply have this "win an ipodmini" draw by filling in a survey form. In the first two days, we had about a thousand respondents, and were really quite overwhelmed!! About a fifth indicated interest in participating in an interactive discussion group or meet for coffee with a Christian student/staff. Of course, the probability of those coming out will be a smaller number, but nevertheless, it's been a great way to promote our club and in getting email contacts. We're having a girls breakfast thingy this Saturday - please pray for us! We hope to do what we stand for: To know Christ and to make Him known!

You can check out the UOA Navs at www.ualberta.ca/~navigatr/

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're taking Islam ... how cool is that? :-)

3:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home