Thursday, September 01, 2005

I am back

I haven't written for quite some time, blame it on the busyness during this spring/summer holidays. But, I am back.

Spring/Summer holidays are ending. My classes start next Wednesday though I will be back in Uni on Monday helping out with Navs booth for WOW Week of Welcome for freshmans. As I look back the last few months, it has flown by really quickly. Last semester didn't end great, with my aunt's diagnosis of being terminally ill with cancer, and me rushing to Calgary etc. But, we survived the ordeal, praise God she still has a year to live, according to the doctors. Please pray with me that she will come to know the Lord, and experience God's grace.

I went back to Malaysia for two months after being in Calgary for a while. It was good, really good to be back. However, the flight back was just so long - 36 hours. Man! And when I arrived at KLIA, wow, it was EXTREMELY HOT! So hot! Then I realized, wow, I have to get adapted to the weather, again. Being back home was weird, for a bit. It almost seemed like I have missed a huge chunk of my life being away from my family and friends, that living again in Malaysia, and being in their lives again, seem so foreign. But, after some time of adjusting, I felt completely at home again...and it felt really good to be home. And I just did so much mamak-ing that it was a wonder why I didn't gain weight, but lost some! Oh, I just love those late nights at mamak with friends eating rotis and drinking milo ais!

Well, the two months back home were I think, too productive! I did too many things, met up with too many people, and had full schedule all day. It was hard getting an appointment with me, ha! Nono, not bragging about my popularity...I'm not! But my highlight during my trip home was my Missions Trip at the Orang Asli Settlement in Melaka. My heart has always been burdened for the Orang Asli, and I just thank God for the opportunity He gave me to lead the team there. It was just such a good time learning about the ministry there, and being there to serve the people. The thing which amazes me, and always will, is the pastor we were working with, Pastor Joseph. His life is just amazing, and his passion for God's work is just admirable. There are so much challenges in such a ministry, especially with the evil spirits, harassment, financial etc, but there's just this simple faith and a posture of humility I see in his life, his wife Kak Lisah, and his family. It touches my heart so. The second thing which I will treasure in this trip was the rain incident! Yeah, you heard me right. Malaysia, wow, just rains a lot! So anyway, on Sunday, after the morning service, we were scheduled to go to another kampung to do visitation. This kampung was situated an hour away from where we were, with well...no roads, more like a small path which is really hilly. And so just right before we were going to leave, it started raining. Mild rain. No big deal we thought. God can handle it, and stop it soon. So we waited a bit, hmm, it was still raining. We couldn't possibly embark on this trip if it continued raining because it would be too dangerous. So we did the only productive thing we knew how to do: pray. We prayed, and I told myself, well, for sure God is going to stop the rain, soon. After fifteen minutes, it still didn't stop. But I knew in my heart that God can and will stop the rain. But as we prayed on, it continued raining with such intensity that it didn't look like it was going to stop anytime soon. A sister shared with us what the Lord has impressed upon her heart, that God was challenging us and asking us if we were doubtful of what He can do. That struck me a little, thinking, well, was I doubtful? Perhaps just a little bit? I also thought, well, I know for sure God can stop the rain, but would He? I think from then on, there was a change in my heart. It is one thing knowing that God can stop the rain, and another if He will. It is also a realization that there is nothing I can do to stop the rain, but it is absolutely up to God. I pleaded, prayed, and cried out to the Lord to stop the rain with a desperation in my heart. We continued praying and singing songs, until the rain stopped about 40 minutes later. After that, not a drop at all. God has blessed and shown us His grace, and it was just so good to experience that afresh in this prayer exercise.

Anyway, there's too much to tell of the missions trip, so if you're interested, ask me for the pictures, I have tons! It's really pretty pictures too, being wallpapered by God's beautiful nature all the way!

So, I left Msia after two months of being back, and the ride to KLIA was quite saddening...I felt so heavy burdened going back to Canada, living alone, and facing the stressful health condition of my aunt. It was not just that, the last two months felt just so right, so at home, that it was hard leaving all these again, for the second time.

As the plane ascended, I felt heartbroken, and as though a piece of my heart has remained in Malaysia. I guess a part of my heart will always be in Malaysia, tanah airku yang tercinta...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home