Friday, January 02, 2009

A reflection on 2008

It has been rather long since my last blog entry. Life has it such that blogging was not a priority, and subsequently becomes something I forget exists.

2008 if I could coin it in any terms that will do it justice would be "total surrender." The Lord has tested me in every area that is conceivable. But, I still stand firm and believe that He is God. I think when one goes through testings in life, the response could be in still believing, or leaving God. If I had to do it all again, I wouldn't change a thing. I learnt SO much through 2008, and it has made me stronger, though I still feel weak. He carried me through, and I believe that He will carry me through 2009. I do hope for a better 2009, one full of challenges, joys, laughter and good things. But, is it for us to determine how life is? We could plan, and try our best to steer life...but God is still totally in charge. And for me, having given God keys to every area of my life, God is steering my life.

I will try blog more often so you know what is going through in my life (although I will have to say that many issues faced in 2008 has a private and confidential element to it which unable me to share freely -- especially not on the internet).

But, let us not lose faith. Not lose faith in God. In life. In the good things in life. In people. In the goodness of heart. In love. In hope.

"And without faith, it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him" (Hebrews 11:6)

Here's wishing you a 2009 filled with love, faith, relationships and strength.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joli said...

Thanks for sharing that, Grace. I was feeling the same way today. Not that I'd say my whole year was a challenge, but recently has been quite challenging. I guess we all go through periods like that. I look forward to seeing your blog entries once again. I missed them! Oh, and I guess I had abandoned my blog too, but I am also trying to get back into blogging.

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home