Monday, April 02, 2007

The craziest thing I've ever done

Just a week ago it was warm, bright and sunny at an average of 0c. Then came the weekend and weather dipped to an average of -8c. Oh, the Albertan weather don't ya just love it?

Okok, I'll go to the 'crazy' thing that is put up on the blog heading. Melissa (my neighbour) and I planned to go for a run this morning at 8am, but what we did not realize was that it was gona snow this morning. So when she called me this morning all perked up and said, "Ready?" I was gona say "But, but it's snowing!"...then stopped myself short and said "Yep, in 2 minutes."

So off we went in the crazy weather snowing away with wind chills of -15c for a run. And stupid me, I only wore a sweatshirt!!! Well, I didn't think it was gona be that WINDY and I got a lil cold but it wasn't too bad once you started running and getting warm. I must admit that this is by far one of the craziest thing I have ever done: running for 55 minutes (ok, not non-stop) outside in -8c (-15c with windchill) with snow and wind blowing in your face! I didn't realize how dramatic it was until half way I was gona get a drink from my bottled water but for some reason couldn't open it because it was frozen on the lit and realized the water had turned into ice!!! WOAH!

Anyways, I enjoyed the run, although I do hope we won't get sick since it is crunch time now. And the good news to ya all is that I have been keeping with my New Year's Resolution of exercising weekly (ok, except one week I skipped coz of midterms and the week of Reading Break). But overall, Cathy keeps me on my toes as we would run for 20 minutes on the track then go to the gym to do cardio, weights and stretches for another hour. I used to have to stop to walk for 2-3 laps while she kept on running non stop for 20 minutes, but for about 2 weeks now I can run without stopping. We might go for a Cancer Run in June...how cool is that? Wana be on our team?

3 Comments:

Blogger Ps Tim said...

Wow, interesting! So semangat to run even when it's snowing! ;)

11:56 PM  
Blogger Joli said...

Wow, Grace, you're a real Albertain, now!

5:51 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

Jolie,

Nono...I don't think I'll ever get used to the cold...brrrrr...

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home