Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Chocolate Overdose

I am not feeling very well. My tummy is churning a little. But it was only a small piece of chocolate cake -- what harm could it do to ya? Well, you could say that again, uhuh. You see, I was craving chocolate cake all of last week and finally went to buy some over the weekend -- a four pieces in one pack kinda deal. I've downed two pieces in 4 days -- I have half a slice per day. Today I am feeling kinda awful, and I am not sure why. You see, I still WANT to eat them, but when they are swimming in my little tummy, I don't feel well. I've concluded that there are two reasons why chocolate is not agreeing with me:

1) I am having a chocolate overdose

2) My Fair Trade research and knowledge of slave kids used in cocoa production is subconsciously affecting me physically.

Take your pick.

On another note, my Fair Trade presentation went very well today, thank God. Please pray for my Environmental Law Final Exam tomorrow -- I am gona fail *cry*

2 Comments:

Blogger Joli said...

Grace, your "I'm gonna fail" phrase has totally no meaning anymore. If you did fail once, then I'd take you more seriously, but not now. I'll still pray, though.

And that chocolat overdose... Well, I don't like cake that much, so I don't have it often, and therefore never had an overdose. However, my sister Marie-Christine once had a chocolat cake for her birthday, and she over-dosed. She had a piece the night of her birthday, one in the morning for breakfast, one for desert at lunch, and a last one for desert at night. Now, THAT was an overdose. The next morning she woke up itchy all over, with red spots on her knees. She didn't have chocolate for a year and a half after that.

But I don't think you had an overdose - maybe the cake wasn't well cooked, or contained bacteria in it that your tummy is trying to fight. I suggest you stop eating it, or let someone else try a piece, and see if their tummy aches too! Ha, ha! Nice trick, isn't it!

3:30 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

Countdown to exam: 2 1/2 more hours. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, PRAY FOR ME!

Well, the tummy discomfort was only when I ate my half sliced piece on the fourth day. So, I don't think it's faulty per se...

Well, if you're hinting to get a piece, I would most definitely say "yes, please try it out" except for the fact that I think the cake might melt or be disfigured after being in school for more than 8 hours when I see you tomorrow late afternoon :S

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home