Friday, December 22, 2006

Dalia Oh Dalia...

She was the Assistant Head Monitor and I was the Class Secretary for two years. We sat next to each other and every morning we would gossip about Mrs. Cheong's dressy attire for the day. Until today, I can't tell if Mrs. Cheong, our class teacher knew we were talking about her day in day out, but every morning she would throw a stare our way and call for Dalia or I to run errands. Dalia was every teacher's pet -- okay maybe to the exception of Cik Rosiah (hahahah!)

It's funny that you would spend so much time with a person in your life. To think about it, it was six hours a day, five days a week for two years that we sat one feet away learning additional mathematics with Mrs Soo (whom we absolutely adore), PE with Cik Foo, Science with Mrs. Leong and others subjects together. I miss our 5KA classmates, the cili padi Udi and Irfana in front, DK sleeping during Accounting class but without fail getting the highest mark for it. Then there's the dedara gang, and it's always filled with love gossips for sure...more so with Dhalia's guy or Thaju's Ah Boy. Oh, then there's Liyana whom we've always thought would be the first to get married coz she's the homey and domesticated kind (but boy, how wrong were we!) and the pretty Nisa. Ah, those were the young carefree days when all we did was just hangout and talk!

So anyways, this post is dedicated to my good friend Dalia coz we were talking on MSN for two hours today and she told me a SECRET! Shush...yes, a secret! So don't go telling anyone else, but there may be an engagement party in 2008 (I did warn everyone to give me notice a year in advance so I can make it to special occasions as such) and I am sooooooooooooo EXCITED and happy for her! Dalia, make sure you start drawing the two baju kebayas and find the kain so I can tailor make it when I come back k! I really hope this will work out lah, and am so excited that one of my best friends is getting married (ok, aside from Lina...but that is five years away!). Actually I am beginning to feel that woah, I'm at that age where I'll be attending weddings to come in the next 20 years. Yikes, that makes me feel kinda old...

Newayz Dals...I'm glad things are working out, and really, I don't think I need to convince you that you're really artsy and gifted, so don't go wasting those away k. I'm pretty sure one day you'll be successful in the advertising/marketing line :) I can't wait to see our 5KA friends again on our 10th Anniversary (which I promised to organize as Secretary) in five years time! Woah, how fast time has flown by! You're gona have two kids by then! Hahahah!

Miss you guys lots :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job at keeping secrets! You have my word that I will not post it on my blog.

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Grace ;-)

5:55 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

Alex,

Hahaa, okay thanks for keeping the secret :)

LX,

Merry Christmas to you too :)

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home