Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Pray for a miracle.

Had a 'casual' yet deep conversation with someone today, which still left me reflecting on it.

X: So what do you do during weekends?

Me: Ermm, nothing much. But, very busy lah.

X: Like what?

Me: Ummmm, hanging out with friends, spending time with family, going for youth group with Church and go to Church on Sundays, I guess.

X: Go to church as in just sit there listen to hymns and sermons?

Me: Well, could be but certainly not as boring as that. Going to Church service on Sundays can be an active thing - worshipping God, having fellowship, serving God for example.

X: I used to be very active in Church.

Me: (Gave X a side-glance with eyebrows arched). Oh yeah?

X: Yeah.

Me: And then what happened?

X: Something happened lah.

Me: Like what? Beritahu lah, jangan kedekut sangat (Do tell, don't be so stingy)...

X: Tak nak-lah (Don't want to, it's), complicated...

Me: Okay...

X: But when I lost my faith, I lost everything...

Me: Uhuh...then kenapa (why)?

X: Because that 'something' happened lah...

Me: Uh...cannot take a U-turn? Since you 'lost everything,' why not go back to God?

X: Because I don't believe in faith, Christianity and God anymore.

Me: Oh okay.

X: But because of that, I have also lost meaning in life.

Me: Susah tu (That's tough)...then how do you wake up each morning without having a drive and meaning in life?

X: I force myself to...there is no easy way to live when you have lost meaning in life...I wish miracles can happen...

Me: They do...you just wait and see.

I do hope that the miracle will happen in your life and that you will regain the meaning in life once again. Miracles still do happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home