Monday, June 12, 2006

Passion Cafe





Went to Wee Ming's cafe today to catch up with him. It's my second time there since a year ago, and the atmosphere and food is as excellent as ever!

On my Menu today:

Chamomile Tea
Cajun Fish

Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me, but trust me, the food was as good as it looked!

It was a really good time catching up with him. Whenever we talk, he always manages to make me feel more melancholic than I really am. His extreme melancholic aura just brings mine out...positive charge I reckon. I can't believe he got married. He can't either. All these in a span of a year. How shocking. Listening to him sharing how he struggles to embrace a huge change in his life is quite something. For a loner like him, having someone with him all the time is like changing his entire lifestyle. But, I am also amazed at how he made such an important decision, committed his life to it and makes initiative to uphold his promise. It is all quite impressive...seeing my oddball friend embrace this challenge in his life, despite him feeling inadequate to be with someone.

Talking to him made me think much about change. Changes come all the time. In life, nothing is for sure, and our situation evolves and changes. Even in good changes like my friend's it still needs courage to be able to go through it, what more negative changes. I guess the challenge to us is really in how we take changes: with a positive or negative attitude.

It makes me sad to think that we may all change, and are changing, as things cannot stay stagnate. It is a good thing, but adaptation is needed in response to the change. He told me that they may migrate sometime soon, and that made me even more sad...of how we will live such separate, distanced lives. But I guess that is how it is with life; we meet and more often than not, we part. The memories though, will always be ingrained in our hearts.

This made me think more about myself...am I willing to leave Malaysia for good? Am I ready to live an entirely different life than how it would be if I stayed in Malaysia? This would all means being away from familiarity and away from my family and friends.

That is a question I have yet to answer.

Oh well...

Coming back to my promotion of his cafe. Do visit Passion Cafe with your family and friends when you have time.

Their existence is rooted in the belief that:

Life's passions are best shared with friends…

Passion Cafe
15-1 Jalan PJU 8/5A
Damansara Perdana
47820 Petaling Jaya
Selangor Darul Ehsan
Tel: (03) 7727 4396

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds great. I think I'll have lunch there tomorrow. It even looks like there are some seats on a flight tomorrow.

11:27 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

Hey Alex,

You got that right! MAS (Malaysian Airlines System) flies from Los Angeles on Wednesdays! Just catch an Air Canada to LAX!

And really, not to worry, there are always MAS seats from LA-KUL. The airline needs our support!

11:34 PM  
Blogger Voon said...

wah. How much are you getting paid for the advertising? =P

12:34 AM  
Blogger Grace said...

haiyah Voon...our national airline carrier, must support lah. GLCs like MAS are occuring so much loss that it's really debilitating for our economy.

We as Malaysians should definitely support our own national carrier than others right?

Plus...faithful MAS have always given me a free ticket every year...so I guess those are great compensation for a small ad I made, right?!?

12:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I looked up GLC on AcryonymFinder, and one of the definitions is "Global Linear Collider." Don't know what that is, but I don't think I want to fly on it.

Besides, I just saw a newspaper article saying Kuala Lumpur is one of the least polite and friendly cities in the world. So I'm rethinking my trip to that restaurant. Even if it's not in that city, it's still in the same country.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

GLC in context is "Government-Linked Companies." It means that those companies were founded/funded by the government but they have a "so-called" separation of management from the government. You can think of it as "Crown Corporations" as how it is termed in Canada...like CBC, broadcasters etc.

GLCs aren't doing very well in M'sia, evidently because of the mentality that the government will always save them from their disastrous and ineffective management.

Woah, you're fast on global news, eh! I know...I just read on the papers today that Reader's Digest ranked Malaysia as the third worse country in terms of politeness and courteousness!! That's a horrible judgment!!! But not to worry, the papers wrote today that it isn't fair to generalize the research to the entire state. So, they think that perhaps it is just the urbanites. If you come to M'sia, I'll bring you to the inner, "ulu" rural areas, where there will be politeness and snakes to eat!

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm. Snakes. My favourite.

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home