Thursday, April 27, 2006

Friends

Friends are invaluable. I met Puii, Ness and Ploy when I was volunteering at the International Centre's Transitions Orientation in Fall 2005. We were at the same table, so we did a little intro and I got to know that they were from Thailand - ahh, my neighbours! That was it, and we left not knowing if we will see each other again. Soon enough, I was waiting outside my Finance 414 class and caught myself staring at these three asian girls, and wondering if we had met somewhere or knew each other. Ness then stared pointedly at me and called my name. Then I realized, oh it was the three thai girls (pardon me, I met thousands of people from all over the world at the orientation). We worked in a group for our assignments, and soon enough became friends. We had laughs, sighs, stress, food and shopping together. Today marks the last day I would spend time with them as their year as exchange students end. We shopped for nearly seven hours at West Ed (yeah, crazy I know!) today and it would be the last time I will see them until well, like, Ploy gets married soon enough so I'll go to Thailand for her wedding! They were very sweet, they got me a surprise bear from 'Build a Bear' where they chose the bear type, stuffed it with cotton and gave it a heart. I'll take good care of P.N.P. and he will always remind me of you three special girls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home