Sunday, March 26, 2006

Bring Me Back

Lord I come before Your throne
Seek Your will and not my own
In the quietness of my heart
Take your place

Chorus:
Bring me back Lord
Into Your holy presence
To live by Your word
Tell of the cross
Bring me back Lord
Closer to Your heart
I want to be
I want to be where You are


Words&Music by Chan Chun Liang

I haven't sang/heard this song for years. It was written by my music mentor, Chun Liang who taught me how to play the keyboard in a band setting. All of sudden today, this song just played in my head over and over again, and so I decided to hunt for the CD which Raj produced and included Chun Liang's song as well. The lyrics of this song is of such simple words, but it speaks so much. It talks about wanting to be in God's presence. Wanting to be pure and holy before Him. Approaching the throne of grace with humility and quietness. And quietness of the heart is when we are in a state of realization that we need the Lord in our lives, we need the Lord's love, we need His grace.

Indeed Lord, I want to be where You are.
I want to be in Your presence, Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home