Tuesday, October 02, 2007

The Jos in my life...

I have two Jo acquaintances in my life right now. One is a big supplier with my Company, which constantly calls me up for $$$ (I'm the Finance Department in my Company). The other is my apartment manager, who left me a note in the apartment today saying she can't find my cheque for rent this month. Okay, so I am two days late with rent, which of course does not justify being late for the matter. After the "warning" note, I finally sat down at 11pm after coming back for a bit to write two cheques, one for my rent, and the other for my simply absent roomate Pam. It is funny how life gets so busy, you have this big great to-do-list and is just trying to stroke things off the list on a daily basis. I can be an organized person, and prioritizing with a list is definitely productive...but should life be simply marking off the things we have to do in life to survive, like buying groceries, doing laundry, writing cheques, sending MAC rebates, renewing my Canadian visa, write/call friends/family, think of investments, etc etc. The list gets longer as we "need" more things to live. It is unfortunate when life is a bunch of things we need to mark off a list. It should not be so. Life should be lived with enjoyment, fulfillment and happiness. Life should be fluid. But, living in the society that we do, fluidity would be a difficult task to accomplish. I hope someday (very soon) I will be able to live a balanced lifestyle, with some flexibility yet still able to mark off my checklist to do the necessary things to live in a very capitalistic, money-based, busy and time-scarced society.

Think it is possible? Wise thoughts?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

after sometime, you just surrender thinking about things like this and it would come as natural. Like brushing teeth in the morning with toothpaste, or like washing and cutting an orange before eating it. I'm not making much sense here...haha!

7:37 PM  
Blogger Joli said...

Grace, I think it is all a matter of perspective. If you see life as a list of things TO DO, you won't enjoy it. But if you see it as activities, your perspective on life will change, making life itself more enjoyable. I actually feel really fulfilled when I strike things off in my agenda. If I don't have anything to strike off, I feel like I didn't accomplish anything, and it makes me sad. So I write up a list of things I did, and then I strike them off. It helps me organize my life, and not be late in things lie rent (hint, hint). Got to smile at life for life to smile back, because life is a reflection of yourself!!! Luv yah

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home