Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Sighsss...

I slept at 9.45pm and was awakened by my phone's beeping at 10.45pm: an sms. My cousin notified me that they didn't take the flight back home. I was like, "What?" Apparently, there has been a miscommunication with the funeral home, a BIG MISCOMMUNICATION I would say, and my Aunt Amanda's flight wasn't booked by the funeral director. And they didn't even bother to tell my family that, and so my family thought it was all settled. I think it is really negligent on their part, sighs. My Aunts and cousin didn't take tonight's booked flight as they want to be on the same flight with my Aunt Amanda's body. It's a very emotionally distressing time for my family - especially so after 2 weeks of being in a state of mourning and yet still unable to bring the body back for burial. I don't know what to do...the situation sounds so complicated and my Aunt Saw Yah is thinking of taking legal actions on the funeral homes for being negligent and my other aunt fainted today. Sighs. I just hope that things will be sorted out and all of them will fly home soon - and have the burial perhaps next week since my nephew is getting married this Saturday. So complicated. Please pray with me for my two aunts and cousin in Calgary who's facing tremendous emotional stress.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't imagine how hard it is for you, what more for your aunties and the rest of your family. I hope things would get better soon. Stay strong! (I didn't know funeral homes were so inefficient)

5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home