Tuesday, January 11, 2005

The Farm.

Hello all. It is the second day of winter semester today. It was a hustle bustle busy day, had three full classes; started from 9.30am to 4.50pm. Looked for books today. My, do they cost a lot of dough. hmm. Nevertheless, I think I will be enjoying this semester's courses very much. I am taking:-

BUEC 311 (Microeconomics)
Acctg 322 (Management Accounting)
Fin 301 (Finance)
Org A 201 (Organization Management)
CHRTC 350 (Science and Religion)

So, I have four core subjects and one elective. The elective is very interesting, shall tell you more as the course progresses. I was also enrolled in History 350. But after 10 minutes of it, I dropped it. Yep. Why? Well, it was supposed to be Canadian History, but it turned out to be Canadian Environmental History; not my cup of tea.

Okay, so on my title it writes "The Farm." I shall tell you more about it.
Last weekend, I went to my friend Steven's farm in Cremona. It was supposed to be a navigators leaders retreat, but it was supposed to be fun too. So anyway, we stayed at steven's house. It is huge! Absolutely huge and antique like! Yeah, the farm looks like those farms we would envision when reading an old farm like fiction book. Well...since my friend Steven is only 23 and having graduated from Agriculture not long ago, he didn't really build it. He inherited it from his grandparents. Anyway, it is a beautiful farm, with tons of snow encircling the house, and yards and yards of land covered with white snow. I saw herds of cows too. They are humonguous! It is just too bad that due to the B.S.E. case in Alberta, Canada, the price of a cow has dropped from $1500 to $150 which is tremendously bad for farmers. U.S. has since closed its borders to live cattle from Canada since June 2003. However, just when they announced to re-open their borders a week ago, there were another two B.S.E. cases reported in Alberta. Not good for the cattle industry at all. Hopefully things will get better.

Okay, so anyway it was not all about the cows and snow. We were productive too! We arrived Friday night - played games and chatted. On saturday morning, we made breakfast, and had two hours of quiet time with God alone. It was a good peaceful quiet time of just resting in God's presence and seeking Him. Then we did a lot of sharing with each other. Then it was dinner (yeah, always eating). The guys made dinner, and then "everyone" seemed really tired...so we only began our semester's planning on Sunday. Although it was only a few hours, we covered a lot, and everyone was very excited about this semester. Hope all will go well. Do pray for the Navigators Ministry on campus at University of Alberta.

Well, I would love to show you the pictures, but although I have downloaded Picasso which is recommended by the blog, I can't seem to upload pictures on my blog. Yes, I have tried clicking and playing with the mouse, but to no avail. So, if you are a blogger out there, help!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home