Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Thanksgiving...

I had my share of (no not turkey) ham and scalloped potatoes yesterday. Spent Thanksgiving at my neighbours' and it was very yummy. Hadn't done a whole lot of reflection about what I am thankful for...but indeed, I have so many things to be thankful for!

Currently really swamped with school work, and I think I failed last Friday's BLAW midterm! It was soooo tough...please pray for God's miraculous hand on this. I have four more midterms and two assignments coming in these two weeks, so trying to prepare for it...but feel like time is a commodity in shortage!!

But yeah, in spite of the busyness and stress of school, I am enjoying my last bit of school and learning. Navigators is going awesome. Joliane and I are leading a girl's group and we're studying about Faith. Oh, and Navigators Weekly Leadership Development Time are just AMAZING I tell ya! We are currently studying about what it means to be a disciple, and the last discussion we had was for three hours on three verses:

Luke 14:26-27, 33

"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters - yes, even his own life - he cannot be my disciple. And anyone who does not carry his cross and follow me cannot be my disciple."

v33: In the same way, any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple."

There were so many new insights for me though it's such a commonly quoted verse. It has changed my perception on what the "cross" in this context means! And yes, if you wana have a discussion on it, please email me or something. Indeed, the choice of following Christ is a very very costly one, which dictates we give up everything to do His will. Easy words, but difficult decisions have to be made. When approached by situations which we have to choose to either honour Him or do our own thing, it is difficult and painful. I have experienced some of it, and it's tough...But on a smaller scale, we actually face that choice everyday: to do His will or our own thing. Are you doing His will, or doing your own thing today?

Hmm...

Then coming to Eonfire, it is going great! Our Fall Forum on Social Entrepreneurship with Mayor Mandel and Pernille Ironside was extremely well attended last Thursday, with 80 students. I was also interviewed for an article, which was very cool. Ah, and kinda related but separate from Eonfire, a CBC reporter wanted to interview me as he was looking for a student who has social considerations when approaching future career. It was for broadcast on Monday, and at the end, it didn't work out because he was too busy to schedule for the recording. But it was still very cool as we had a preliminary interview via telephone, and he sounded interested about Eonfire. Hopefully one day he'll come knocking on our door wanting to feature us.

Okay, so anyways, coming back to Thanksgiving, there are SOOOOoooo many things to be thankful for: His Grace and Peace comforting me during the period when my aunt was ill with cancer until the time she passed away, being home during summer, serving Him, good friends and yeah, being in school doing what I like at this point in time. I'm satisfied at the moment though it's not all red roses at vicinity...far from it. But yeah, I am thankful for the meaning I have in life right now.

How about you? Satisfied with life?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home